Friday, January 16, 2015

Reasons to be cheerful... 3rd place!

I am a bit giddy and very happy right now as I just found I won a 3rd place prize for my entry in the Popovy Sisters Art Competition. It's snowing outside, it's warm in here and I am so dizzy from getting so far. I have literally never won anything before in my life apart from being automatically entered into a draw for a goldfish when I bought a ticket to enter a Garden Fete that I had a stall at, I left after packing up my stall with a goldfish in a plastic bag like a kid after a fun fair!

You can see all the winners here

PS: check back over the weekend as I will be posting WIPs of the doll we will be making at the Coach House workshop.




4 comments:

C said...

Congratulations and well deserved! Gorgeous artwork.

A goldfish in a plastic bag, aww you triggered memories of my first ever proper pet. My sister and I won one each at a fete when we were kids. 'Judith' and 'Geraldine' thrived and lived to a surprisingly ripe old age - must have been something in the water...

Night Owl said...

Congratulations Yve! I love your work, and again this is beautiful and original, bravo!!!

Yve said...

Thank you both, still on a bit of a Buzz, if I'd actually won first prize I would probably be in Orbit right now! :o)

Awww, C, I am glad Judith and Geraldine thrived, I actually love Godlfish and always used to have a tank of those crazy bug eyed bumbly fantails next to my Mac to calm me down when I was working. It is surprisingly effective but these days there are so many wires under my desk I decided the goldfish were probably an electrocution list. Sad. Highly under-rated pets ;o)

Yve said...

I meant RISK not List!