Thursday, March 13, 2014

Number crunching

If anyone is thinking it has been a long time since I commented on your blogs... well, it's not through lack of trying (or interest). It's just that Blogger, in their wisdom, have changed to entirely numerical catchpa's, which means it can take me 3 or 4 attempts before I can successfully copy the catchpa code and prove I am not a robot, just a human being with faulty number recognition software in my head!

Let's face it, after the first unsuccessful attempt, I usually give up and go away. Dyscalculia rarely gives me that many problems in everyday life these days, I am pretty confident with small sequences of numbers but a big string of them still baffles me and causes slight panic. So please don't be offended if I don't comment for a while :o)

5 comments:

Steinworks said...

I took that off my blog and just made it so that I can approve of comments...it makes life so much easier :)

Abi said...

Gosh. This s a revelation. I did not know there was a term for this - I have always said I have Dyslexia with numbers! I struggled terribly at school with maths, and to this day, I still can't do arithmetic in my head, and barely on paper. I can't give monetary change to folks unless I have a till or calculator - the stress this caused me was major when the till packed up in the pub. Fractions I kissed goodbye years ago. Numbers scare the hell out of me, and they make no sense to me. Do you think I have Dyscalculia?! My grandad was a mathematician and physics professor. Not sure what happened to me.

If I see this one more time "The characters you entered didn't match the word verification. Please try again" I quit.

Yve said...

Certainly sounds like it to me Abi. I have taught myself to read numbers quite successfully but it was hard work and didn't really sink in until my late 20's. I still have problems when I get a bit flustered. I didn't find out there was a word for it until a few years back. e are just a bit more unique than everyone else Abi, Tee hee! ;o)

Abi said...

Yes! I agree :) its stunned me. I can relate to all the associated problems too (had to look it up) And now I see you have letters instead of numbers re the robot thing.... I have an issue with certain letters too.. Ugh!

Yve said...

Sounds like you have a touch of traditional dyslexia too maybe? I am fine with letters and words, no problems at all. Hey, we are all different though aren't we? Some people taste colours while others can't even differentiate between certain colours, we all make the world a more interesting place. :o)