Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Call to local North Wales crafters!

I don't suppose there are that many readers of my blog who live within easy travelling distance of North Wales? If you are local and reading this and would have any interest in some art doll classes or even a doll making and crafting club then please leave a comment below. I am hoping to find a suitable venue and set something up for 2014 if there is enough interest.

A few years back I was booked to teach a series of art doll classes at a local textile/craft outlet but the course had to be cut short due to my having a really bad fall and being out of action for some months. I haven't had time to do anything similar since then. I don't think I would return to that venue as the dolls had to be tailored to craft items that they sold in their shop, and they didn't stock paperclay or gesso so I ended up having to make quite basic dolls, not ideal!

Anyway, I am planning something a little more interesting and hope that I can find the right place to host it and find some like minded doll enthusiasts to come and join me. I will keep you posted on my progress next year :o)

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm in Mold, and I'd be interested to know if you're setting up any classes. I customise dolls and make mini plushies, I LOVE working in felt and am expanding to clay, so I'd like to know.

Yve said...

Hiya Nikki, I don't really want to put my email address on the blog so if you are a member of etsy, you can send me a convo there and I will keep you informed. Failing that, just keep an eye on the blog :o)

Ann said...

Hi Yve - thanks so much for commenting on my blog the other day - the sun is out again and I hope you are able to get your hats and camera ready. I've got my fingers crossed there won't be clouds around midday! :) I'm not really a doll maker (as you may have guessed) but I'm always up for a new challenge so I will be keeping my eye here. Hope you can find somewhere suitable for your classes. I'm in Ruthin. Ann

Yve said...

I discovered your blogs a few weeks ago Ann, nice to have blogging 'neighbours' ;o)

Georgina said...

Well, Yve, you're just a bit too far to travel to art doll classes, damn! The other day my sis and I went to a local art show, one of the better ones, if not, the only one, in town. There was a whole write-up in our local newspaper about a "new kind of artist" at this show, an "art doll artist." You could have pushed me over with a feather when I saw this woman's offerings...nothing more than cutsie rag dolls. I suppose I'll have to enter next year and show them what real art dolls are, or at least what I define as art dolls. I know, I'm being a snob!! LOL

Anyway, much success on your newest venture. I wish we were closer, but Northern Wales and Far West Texas...too much geography between us!!

Hugs,
Georgina

Yve said...

You will be there in spirit I am sure, Georgina ;o)

Irene Ellis said...

Hi Yve, I would be very interested in any doll related classes. I have only ever made cloth dolls,never used clay but happy to have a go at anything to improve my skills. Hope you get enough interest, it would be nice to have a class/workshop local rather than always having to travel long distances. Irene - Mold

Clare said...

I have just found your brilliant work and blog through Pinterest (I knew it'd prove useful eventually) and can't believe you live so close. I would LOVE to join a class and I live in Ruthin which seems to be around about your area. I've added yor blog to my feedly to make sure I don't miss anything in future!

Yve said...

Hi Clare, Ruthin is pretty close! I have moved my plans for the classes back to the Summer so keep an eye on the blog, I will announce it here as soon as I have something more concrete :o)