Saturday, November 30, 2013

Shop open for an extra week.

Thankfully I have had freelance design work this week so can now keep my etsy shop open for definite until December the 8th. I may be able to stay open until Christmas just have to find out the rules from the Jobcentre, as I had to claim Benefits for about 6 weeks there. That imposes restrictions on what you can earn and having something sell from my online shop would have caused even more reams of paperwork and a corresponding drop in the benefits, so it was just simpler to keep the shop closed until design work came in. All very confusing and frustrating in the lead up to Christmas.

I have been filling a batch of hat commissions in the evenings also and now they are finished will be working on new stock for the shop and my own dolls too. I hope to have some bags and brooches (for big dollies like you and me) ready by the end of next week too, so look out for those! :o)

2 comments:

C said...

So pleased to hear you got some design work and can open the shop again, the whole benefits thing is a pain. Fingers crossed for you for lots more...

Yve said...

Thanks so much! :o) I know I hope this is a recovery rather than a blip, fingers (and eyes) crossed. I think Georgina has been doing some Mexican magic ;o)