Friday, February 1, 2013

Django Unwatched

I went to see Django Unchained with Jamie, my 18 year old nephew, last night. My spectacularly YOUNG looking 18 year old nephew... We had both been looking forward to our night out but they wouldn't let him into an 18 film without a passport or a drivers license so we had to settle for a night in with DVDs instead. I'd so forgotten what it's like to have to prove your age all the time... of course, for us girls, we just to cake on another few inches of make up and waltz right in!


1 comment:

C said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get to see your film! But, indeed, you're right - I never had any problem getting into the local music club at the age of 14, nor buying a pint once I got in there. I think I definitely owe that to make-up, and probably the attitude too.
Mind you, I have an incredibly young-looking 32-year old friend (who wears make-up). She's always being asked for ID. One time apparently she was buying alchohol in Waitrose, with her baby, young daughter and husband, and still got asked to present proof... Madness!