Saturday, September 22, 2012

Meteortastic!!!!

Last night I was really privileged to see a really big meteor streak across the sky right over my home! I was watching TV half-heartedly and occasionally looking out to see the yellow crescent moon which had been lazily strolling across the sky earlier. Just after 10.35 I happened to look out just in time to see this incredibly bright white ball of light streak across my view from above my head toward the mountains, so East to West I guess. It was gone in seconds and I was alone and no-one but my dear old mother was available to tell over the phone about this exciting vision. (note to self: must get a life)

By this morning I had started to feel like one of those crazies who reports UFOs and was expecting people to start whistling the X-Files theme as I walked by, but... Yay.... others saw it too: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/9559670/Spectacular-meteor-shower-over-Britain.html

No comments: