Thursday, December 15, 2011

The lovely Itkupilli has some fab new blog backgrounds...



but I am scared of trying them because last time I tried to revert to Minima (which you need to put in the code for your own bespoke backgrounds) I lost all my widgets and my 3 column layout. It was such a huge a*se to put it all back and I'm still pretty miffed that Blogger chose to become so regimented and dictatorial in the name of progress.

Does anyone know if there is any way round the problem of wanting to retain your layout and widgets while customizing your blog appearance?

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Not that I know of but you can save your original layout I think just in case you really hate the new look. I went to minima as there are so many really lovely backgrounds for it. It is a pain getting it sorted out to what you want.

Aimee Jeffries said...

Just in case, save everything first. When I first started my blog I was determined to have a 3 column and searched the web for tutorials, I know nothing about html. With the new (not sure about the super new latest dashboard update thingy) you can pick a 3 column layout template, then just upload your background and header photos. So much easier. Eventually I will try the latest batch of updates..not ready for all that yet lol. Good luck!