Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Day Job



Sometimes I feel immense guilt that I make plans to make dolls - and do all sorts of things - and sometimes even announce them on this very blog... then days, weeks, months go by and I have just been off designing stuff and not had time to put my Freaky Little Things plans into action. But I might as well come clean, I LOVE my day-job too :o)


I stumbled across a few items that I designed a few years back on google earlier so thought I would show you some of the things I have designed. It isn't all Hello Kitty by a long stretch but the big headed feline has certainly taken up a lot of my time over the last decade or so. Obviously I can never show or talk about what I am currently working on, and product/packaging design is only a part of what I do, but it's often the most fun stuff.


4 comments:

Georgina said...

OMG, my daughter would kill for all that is "Hello Kitty!!" I first discovered the little feline when my girl was just a tot, but now the "tot" is the mother of 4 male "tots," and expecting, finally, a female "tot," who will inherit all the Hello Kitty stuff she's collected throughout her life.

What a great job!! Have a wonderful week.

xxoo,
Georgina

Yve said...

About having a good week: same to you with clogs on!!! :o)

C said...

Wow Yve that's brilliant - I'm most impressed. I'm always wondering who the anonymous designers are behind these iconic creations too so thanks for sharing here. I feel kinda satisfied now to know that there is a real person behind Hello Kitty (and she makes amazing dolls too...)

Yve said...

Thanks so much C, me and a load of other designer all over the world I guess - I am always amazed at the mass of stuff I see in the shop that I DIDN'T work on! I really need some time for dolls soon though, I've got serious withdrawal!