Friday, March 18, 2011

Exiled from Etsy

Feeling rather baffled and angry right now (and I was so happy only moments ago, but that's another story)... went to check my etsy shop and thought it a bit unusual that my Auto-fill wasn't signing me in. Hold on, etsy is rejecting my auto-fill password, but how can that be?

So I go through the process of requesting a new password, it sends you an email with a link, you click that to prove who you are then they send you a set of numbers as your new password. So I type in the password and hey presto? Eeeer, No Presto! So I must have typed it in wrong? So I copy and paste the new password, still rejected. I went thought he whole process over and over but still no access to my own d*mn shop!

So eventually I figure there is something wrong with the new password and request another, same frustrating hooo-haaa all over again! Then I get angry and decide to complain to Esty Help, except of course I CAN'T unless I sign in!!!!!! DOH

4 comments:

Fala Cedar said...

I don't think it will work if you cut and paste, I think you need to manually type in the new password for it to work. I may also have a function that rejects it after no many tries. You might want to try once more by typing it in, and if that doesn't work, try the whole process over from scratch and see if that helps. I've totally done the same thing myself, I know how frustrating it can be! Good luck!

Yve said...

Nope, I originally tried typing both the new passwords in and they didn't work so tired cut and paste, also didn't work. I tried the latest password again this morning, still "Incorrect Password"

I have had an automated response email from a "help" link at the bottom of the email so just need to wait until someone gets back to me

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

This happened to me yesterday ... try again in a few hours i bet you'll be fine (well fingers x-ed u will be!) Mine just suddenly started working again ....

all these changes etsy is making are causing sooo many probs :(

Good luck!

Yve said...

Thanks matey. Managed to get back in with my ORIGINAL password but for how long I wonder?