Saturday, January 1, 2011

Yay! New Year, New start

It's a whole new beginning here at Freaky Little Things. 12 months is a long time to be out of action. Throughout the year I started to make several dolls but gave up along the way for one reason or another and they have all been consigned to the bin along with the dolls I started but didn't finish at the latter end of 2009. The only dolls I have made and been happy with at all this year have been the articulated paper "Vampire Showgirls", apart from the paper dolls my sketch pad has gathered dust, I rarely draw.

I have even wondered if I wanted to continue making art dolls at all anymore. Then I see the work of Dorote of "Tireless Artist" and Julien Martinez. Both have a unique vision and incredible attention to detail, their creativity matched by their technical skills. Basically, I look at their work in awe and know I want to make better dolls for 2011 :o)

7 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Hi Yvette, and Happy New Year! Yes, please do NOT STOP making your dolls, they are lovely! Many Blessings for you this New Year! :)

Georgina said...

Yve, so glad your going to continue perusing your art dolls. Please, please, stick with it..you're an amazing talent. Nothing wrong with taking a detour now and then, however, keeps the little gray cells animated!!

Have a wonderful weekend and again, stay in the art doll ring!

xxoo,
Georgina

Yve said...

Thank you both :o) Same to you with knobs on as they round these parts!

Yve said...

That should have read "as they SAY round these parts!"
;o)

Abi said...

Hey Yve - Happy New Year (have I already told you this? oh well, not harm in saying it lots eh)
Quit making dolls? are you mad?
with your talent that would be so wrong.
How's the BJD going?

Yve said...

Thanks :o)

I've been ill with a stomach bug so have left the BJD well alone, I need to concentrate on that project when I'm feeling 100% so right now I'm messing with projects where I at least feel I know what I'm doing :o)

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Hi Yve
Happy New Year to you!
Your dolls are fantastic...never stop!
Rainey
x