Thursday, December 16, 2010

BJD Making experiment 2

Here are the pics of last nights efforts. The sources I am refrring to are the Ryo Yoshida book and these two online sites:
Noah's Doll
Russian site

Photobucket
Photobucket

As you can see, the foam has cracked a little here and there. I don't have any time to work on this tonight but tomorrow, before finishing the arms and legs I will coat the head and neck with PVA glue and a thin coat of Papydur to harden them. The head and torso are totally separate, I just stuck a pin in to compare sizes. More tomorrow :o)

5 comments:

Flora said...

WOW!!! Thanks so much for the WIP pictures, she looks fantastic already!!!!Do you always use this kind of foam and why do you prefer it???
blessings,Flora

Yve said...

I love this stuff because it doesn't crumble like poly or the dry oasis, do you call it that in the States? It's the wet blocks you poke flowers into for flower arranging. You can carve really easily and then smooth and even sculpt it with light pressure from your fingers. I haven't tried to use paperclay on it before, so wish me luck!

You can get it in balls, cones and rings as well, probably more. :o)

Yve said...

Ooops, THANK YOU too, coming from a sculptor as good as you I'm really chuffed at the compliment! :o)

Bandhura said...

This is really a neat medium! Forgive me as I honestly don't know, what does BJD stand for? I'm always looking for new ways to do things that one day (HA!) I'll put on my art blog...this looks like it could be a LOT of fun!

Bandhura
The Digital Looking Glass

Yve said...

It just means Ball Jointed Doll because the jojnts are all ball and socket :o)