Friday, October 1, 2010

Big ankle-Big decision!

Ggggrrrr.... have come to a big decision - after spending about 15 minutes at the sewing machine last night... I'm going to have to mothball any cloth doll making for a while longer until my D*mned Ankle FINALLY heals. It's been 9 months, my ankle X-rayed from every conceivable angle, everyone, the physio AND the Doctor, now agree that it behaves like a break that won't knit, but no-one can find the actual break/fracture... so, still no actual diagnosis from anyone, and a small amount of time on the sewing machine foot peddle causes pain and huge swelling in said annoying extremity. Then the throbbing starts and my whole leg goes a bit crazy. My ankle looks like a balloon today! Just the one!!!

I can't get on the boots I was wearing yesterday, well, the left foot is fine of course and has a full wardrobe of shoes, boots, heels at it's disposal but old Righty is malignantly demanding I stick to the one pair of rather gamey unlaced trainers. In my wilder moments believe me, I HAVE considered wearing a nice shoe with heel on the left and the trainer on the right but I sound like Long John Silver when I approach, and, the look isn't so hot either!

So fed up with this! But fear not, I haven't been idle, my tiny brain has gone into Paper Doll over drive and I've made 2 Altered Art witch Paper Dolls since this morning and more on the way. I've got allsorts of mad ideas about paper engineered theatres and sets plus little figures, both original artwork by me and altered vintage elements. Having great fun and once the supplies I've ordered online get delivered I should be stocking up the shop ready for the Holiday season. I think the brads and thick card will be here early next week so new items will be filtering into the shop from then on. Oh, and if you remember my old prints from last year, some old friends are getting a reworking and will be available as postcard sets, including the still requested Mighty Boosh illustration :o)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Good for you at finding alternate
outlets for your creativity. The paper dolls and altered art sound great!

The problem with your ankle has to be extremely frustrating, especially as the experts can't find the problem. I hope you get some sort of answer soon!

Hugs

Sue

Yve said...

Thank you Sue - Hugs to you too :o)

I'm having so much fun actually. Just making the decision to quit trying to force myself to carry on with the cloth dolls has really liberated me. I was up til the wee small hours last night drawing and have a third doll ready to go. She is the best yet imho as I have redrawn a lot of the vintage images, sounds ridiculous, but it's given her a whole new look that I like.

The brads have arrived, just waiting on the thick card to print the dolls out onto and get them photographed for etsy listings.