Monday, May 17, 2010

Save me from SATC 2

Lordy! Sex & The City 2 already? I haven't even seen the first one yet! Quite willfully.

Don't get me wrong, I once loved the TV series and found it witty, original, taboo breaking, etc... but then the media got wind of this FABULOUS "phenomenon" and turned it into something that frankly makes me cringe. I can't turn on the TV or open a magazine without seeing FABULOUS SJP's oddly pretty horse faced countenance beaming out at me. I'm sick of quiz after quiz to find out "Which FABULOUS SATC girl are you?", articles telling me where to buy FABULOUS cheap Manolo rip off shoes (because obviously, being a woman, I can't live without them and think of nothing BUT shoes... OK, I sometimes think about shoes, I sometimes think about earwigs, wtf?), sick of articles on how to copy the "girl's" FABULOUS style (obviously I need to establish which FABULOUS SATC "girl" I am first, keep up!) and even ads on British TV for FABULOUS "Stool Softener" (I kid you not!!! For when the SATC "girls" get fabulously constipated!) featuring an inane SATC clone foursome.... Most of all I'm reallly fabulously sick of people saying "FABULOUS"....

Tooo much! WAY too much.

Like I said, I loved it once, back when it was witty and quirky, before it rested on it's laurels and started to get lost in it's own FABULOUSNESS.... I didn't go and see the film because I remembered how so-so the last few series became and frankly, on the TV, that isn't so bad because I can email people while it's on in the background... or just switch off... but when I've handed over half my life savings for a seat in the dark and a small tub of popcorn, I'm going to feel compelled to stay til the end... I thought I'd wait for it to appear on TV... except they've made a sequel before that even happened! Arrrrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Daydream Retreat said...

Fabulous post...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! :)

Sue said...

LOL...I never got into SATC but I can certainly appreciate your comments.

Sue:)

Yve said...

Yay, I'm not the only one! ;O)