Monday, May 10, 2010

Clean slate?

As many of you following this blog will know (due to my constant moaning...tee hee) I have been really under the weather since Christmas, until maybe a fortnight ago. I am now going from strength to strength and keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no more set backs. I start Physio on the 20th and my DIET tomorrow (give me abreak, still lots of Birthday chocs left, seems ungrateful to throw them away!) so it's all systems go... I lost A LOT of weight in the spring while taking the evil painkillers, which bounced back with a vengeance once I stopped using them. I would just like to get back to somewhere happy and healthy in the middle.

Today I am cleaning my work space in preparation - the dust in here is phenomenal - I wish I had the energy to move the furniture around but I'm not even going to try. The thing is, I keep coming across abandoned projects. Sometimes it takes a few moments of thinking "what the ...?" before I even remember what I was intending them to be when I started them. What a difference a few months makes, some of these projects seem salvageable and some just seem "so last year!" I imagine they will go in the bin, frankly.

Anyone else ever find this? For whatever reason you have to leave a project unfinished and when you come back to it, either inspiration has entirely fled or you just want to go in a completely new direction with it. With all that's happened I feel a bit weighed down by all this clutter and am of half a mind (I could just finish that sentence right there!) to throw the whole lot out and start with a clean slate... we'll see ;O)

6 comments:

The Josie Baggley Company said...

yeah I do that as a rule with my paintings -I turn them to face the wall for a couple of weeks & then I come back and have a fresh look-really gets things sorted in your head as to how to continue-OR not.
Glad to hear you're feeling well Yve & good gawd DON'T start moving bloody furniture!

Rainey

Yve said...

Thanks Rainey, I have resisted the urge so far ;O)

2013LesleyR_Bradshaw0901 said...

性愛罐頭連結本土性愛自拍圖台灣本土性愛性愛a成人性愛站歐美性愛網歐美性愛寫真歐美情色區歐美情色影片放映區歐美模特兒貼圖歐美模特兒圖歐美線上色情片歐美線上電影歐美線上論壇歐美整外潮吹影片免費看線上下載無碼遙瑤熊貓列表熊貓貼圖站熊貓貼圖區區熊貓貼?熊貓圖片網熊貓圖貼區熊貓影片瘋情網路色情電影網路色情電影觀賞網路看片網路做愛小說小弟弟影片交流區 小弟弟影片區 嘟嘟貼圖區美女寫真

Sue said...

I just posted a blog about a piece I just finished - almost two years later.

I also find that when I decide to clean my studio, I come across textiles and laces, etc., that I had totally forgotten about ...takes me several days to clean my little 8 x 8 space LOL

Hugs

Sue

Kimberley Pope said...

Hi Yve... I can't believe I missed your birthday oops! I was thinking today "when is Yves birthday" so it's a funny fluke that I read your post today!! I will try and find something nice to send you belatedly :o) xxx

WilbertSoseb said...

愛情不是慈善事業,不能隨便施捨。...............................................................