Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Good news?

Tee Hee, Cindy Sowers just emailed me to tell me good news and bad... my TDP doll, Miss Rosie Pimlico, is pictured in this issue of Contemporary Doll Collector (not actually sure of the magazine title, we don't have them in the UK)... so YAY!!!!!

The bad news? Well, apparently she is now called Ruby and was made by the lovely Abi Monroe! You win some, you lose some... I've never heard of the magazine, and I'm not going to get a copy, so I'm not going to get upset... you'll be glad to know that both Abi and Cindy also have their dolls pictured, I wonder who they are attributed to? At least this is a big mention for Art Dolls Only as a team, so hurrah for that :o)

Here is Miss Rosie as she currently looks after the attentions of Kaci of Fabby menagerie and Angela Rousseau

Photobucket


Photobucket


You can check out all the progress with the TDP dolls at the Flickr Group:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/travelingdollproject/pool/
and HERE is the gorgeous real Ruby by Abi monroe :o)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Abi said...

Oops... I'm so sorry,what a bummer. But I am more than happy to take credit for your Miss Pimlico :O).... so, if her new name is Ruby.... what is Ruby called, and who made Ruby?

CindySowers said...

I LOVE how she looks now. Make sure to have some good pictures of her when she is all finished and we will try to get her in and properly mentioned for November :)

Ruby is Ruby and Abi is the artist :)

Yve said...

So Abi, you productive little creature you, both dolls are by you!!!! Tee hee, I said earlier that it just gives us a Mission Statement for the E-zine "Aiming for more factual accuracy than Contemporary Doll", should give us plenty of room for manouvere :o)

Hopefully we will also have someone who knows how to spell manouvere!

Abi said...

LOL. Indeed Yve! I guess someone needs their hands slapped for not noticing, and for turning my doll picture the wrong way around :O)
That's what makes me a control freak. I am never satisfied!

Yve said...

Ha ha, you're in illustrious company, a some of Rothko's paintings were hung the wrong way up at a Tate Modern exhibition... I guess it's easier to tell with a doll though ;O)

IdellaD_Bar3321 said...

Well done!........................................

Lisa J said...

Maybe they'll get it right in the November issue...but she is a great doll no matter who made her. You are a great artist!

信皇雯豪 said...

謝謝您的分享~感恩唷!!..................................................

財榮 said...

may the blessing be always with you!! ........................................