Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bear with me...

Just a quickie to say, please bear with me! I'm not up to answering emails and general interaction because last week I finally went out to town and walked on pavements for the first time since before Christmas, I have been getting so much better. I just had to walk to my Doc's surgery, a few streets away, but knew there was something wrong on the way back, later I stiffened up and over the weekend I have gradually slipped right back down the bloody snake of pain and am back at square one waiting to roll a six, no ladders in sight.

I have been in agony (no exaggeration) and so took the high dose painkillers in desperation but where they normally take about 5/7 days to make me ill, this time is was just 24 hours. This afternoon I have felt safe enough to take the low dose again, thankful for some relief at least, but I had to wait while everything else came out of my system. The last 48 hours were hell and I don't have anything sunny to say. So if I'm not around for a while and the shop closes again for a bit, well, wish me luck, I need some right now!

12 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Oh I do wish you luck! I live with chronic pain so I know a bit of what you are feeling. Rest and take care of yourself!

Georgina said...

OMG Eve, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Please take care of yourself and don't worry, we'll all be here when you return. Sending you lots of good vibes and some West Texas sunshine!

xxoo,
Georgina

Beadwright said...

All the best to you. I will light a candle and send healing prayers your way. Hope you are better very soon
Nicole/Beadwright

Sue said...

(((((Hugs))))

I'm so sorry that you have had a relapse! Sending warm, soothing wishes that you are soon relieved of the pain.

Hugs,

Sue

Zan Asha said...

Wow, Yve, this is bad news. I am so sorry, please just take it slow with yourself, and don't worry about us we'll be here whenever you feel better :)

CindySowers said...

Oh, noooooooo! I was wondering where you were. I haven't been keeping up on my blog reading. Oh, Yve, can I send you anything? So sorry you are suffering. Ugh.

Yve said...

Thanks everybody, from the bottom of my... bed! I kind of live there right now :o(

士凱 said...

how do u do?

Abi said...

I wondered where you had gone - poor Yve - I am sending you lots of love and hugs, and hope things improves soon. XX

林淑凡 said...

回應是最大的支持^^y~~~甘吧嗲........................................

Shashi Nayagam said...

Well looks like you are going through what I went through years ago. It took me ages to get back to normal. It was always 2 steps upward and then back down.I didn't take pain killers as they wouldn't agree with me. Went to an Osteopath which helped me a lot. Now I am managing it with excersise and massage.
I do hope you feel better soon it.

Gail Lackey said...

I'm wishing you luck and am sending some good energy your way! HUgs, Gail