Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello Dolly Chan

Thanks to the ever informative Miss Caro-Chan for putting a name to a rather endearing Japanese influenced look I've been noticing over the last year or so... Dolly! A rather splendid new twist on vintage eclectic eccentricity with a dash of cute thrown in for good measure... get up in the attic and dust off Great Aunt Clara's moth eaten fox stole, team it with a hand-cuff necklace and away you go. Love it and just wish I was young enough to get away with wearing it myself... well, maybe not the fur... I prefer my critters with a pulse :o)

Photobucket

6 comments:

Abi said...

I too love this style...infact, my latest doll is having a bit of a dolly style vintage layered look thing going on! thanks for sharing :O)

Kaerie Faerie said...

it looks so Japanese street style, are they still doing that, we in the states call it kindergarten trash, as my Mom would say it is Halloween everyday, whats with the getup!!
your fairy friend
Karey

Caro-chan said...

I would love to see some of your creations with this vintage Dolly feel to it. It would be absolutely perfect. And you're never too old to dress in each of your finest vintage pieces at once XD

Thanks so much for the shout out! But the link isn't working because there is a slash at the end of the URL you linked to.

Yve said...

Ooops, sorry, will fix that now... yep, the freaky Little Things are loving this style so expect to see some influences ;O)

The Caravan said...

I love it! If I could pull it off, i'd dress that way myself :)

Yve said...

I Know, I sometimes do but then look at myself in the mirror and think, no way are you leaving the house like that! Some things need an unlined face at the top!!!