Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back soon, promise!

Thanks for all your sweet comments, they really made me feel a little brighter :o) Still in a bad way right now though and the worst winter Wales has seen in 30 years isn't helping my injury/condition any. Temperatures are dropping to below -20c (is that cold? I get c and f mixed up!!!) at night and not much better during the day. My work room just has a tiny ineffectual electric heater so I am just not brave/daft enough to be in here for more than a few minutes while there's a roaring open log fire downstairs!

The good news is I'm getting a laptop to work from early this week so will be able to blog again and as I get a little stronger each day I'm sure I can start to relocate my doll making activities downstairs too. The big excitement is that this years ADO Travelling Doll Project is about to begin and I will be joining some superb Doll Artists in group 7, so check back for updates soon... oh, and try and stay warm :o)

6 comments:

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Hiya Yve! Yes it's a whiteout over here too though seemingly not as bad as waht you're all experiencing in the UK. Beautiful but Freeeeeeeeeeeezing. I've enjoyed your post on doll making. I always thought( not that I'm an expert) that calico was more like a light hemp cotton as opposed to muslin being light weave too.
Nothing as bad as trying to work in cold-to-the-bone temperature so good luck with the move downstairs.
Rainey

Georgina said...

C or F, that's still friggin' cold!!! I read today where many airports in Europe are canceling flights due to the weather...oh bother. Fortunately, here in west TX we're having wonderful weather...we've had our share of cold but nothing compared to you all in the UK and in other parts of the US.

Just stay by that fire and enjoy...maybe put a bit of bourbon or brandy in your tea???!?!?!?!? LOL

xxoo,
Georgina

Kaerie Faerie said...

I know how cold can effect your back, I deal with it too, when it is cold, you need to go on line and get yourself a magnet belt, and a magnet sleeping pad for your back, trust me you will heal much faster, also cuddlers, it is a wool layer that also goes on the bed, all this stuff really helps, I hope you feel better
Natural Health Faerie
Karey

Sophia said...

Wow. Well, Yve I believe alot of places are seeing a worse and much more colder winter than expected/anticipated. Hang in there. We're all here and still love you! :)

Sue said...

(((((Yve))))))

Stay safe, stay warm and I look forward to when you return!

Hugs

日本 said...

培養健全孩子最好的方法是父母先成為健全的人。.........................