Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Haute Doll

Just got my grubby paws on my very first Haute Doll magazine, the one from last August that Featured the Bootiful Halloween collection by the amazingly inspirational Val Zeitler. I have to say that the pics are absolutely stunning but I'm kind of glad we don't have anything like this over here. I don't think I would ever get anything done, frankly... and plus: I WANT everything I see!

To be honest, if I lived in the States and was constantly bombarded with images of art dolls and fashion dolls, I don't think I'd ever have started making my own. I think the fact that we are free from all these influences in the UK, well, unless you purposefully go and track them down on the internet, has made me imagine lots of stuff and want to make things I can't get my hands on. Freaky Little Things was born and grew in isolation. It was the same when I was a teenager growing up in rural-ish Wales and having very little access to fashion. It made me learn to sew and make things to wear. My ambition always far outweighed my talent in that department, but I can still run up an outfit when I have the time and the inclination! Now I mainly make outlandish things for my dolls to wear :o)

Speaking of whom, here's Tabitha Plum (PW Skiya) fresh from her accident and looking non the worse for her adventure in the cobweb strewn underbelly of the wash house. I may darken up her eyeshadow at a later date, but right now I love her little resin bones (if she had any). Bless. That dress came with Elfdoll Sooah and is miles too big for her, but looks nice with her colouring so I will have to take it in, and remove the bow and cabochon on the bodice, too much fuss for her slender frame. :o)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Luckily, I am too poor to become addicted to the ball joint fashion dolls. They are stunning, though, aren't they?

Yve said...

yes, and wanting them makes me very poor indeed! :o)

Daph said...

She is stunning!!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

She is beautiful! And no, you can't tell that she was almost taken hostage by rabid spiders. You did a most wonderful job fixing her up! ^_^

Sue said...

I love the bj dolls and hope to one day have one. You have done a great job on yours!

Yve said...

Thank you, I think she had a very lucky escape, I had visions of having to fork out for a new head!

The Josie Baggley Company said...

She is great! and is that a tiny Bagpuss I see?