Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Furry moron!

I sleep IN the bed, Matilda sleeps ON the bed, on top of her fluffy cat blanket... I reached out to give her a stroke one night last week and her fur was icy cold - hence the kitty hot water bottle I've been making up for her on very cold nights since then.... Awwww! Last night, I make the hottie, collect my kitty, who had spent the evening shadowing the badgers around the garden in the chilly air, and off to bed we go.

After about 10 minutes of purring away and kneading dough on her bottle warmed blanket, she suddenly leaps off the bed and heads for the door. She has me trained well enough to know that a certain tone of mew means "Let me out now or wanton destruction will rain down on your most prized possessions (and don't think I can't get the door to your doll cabinet open when I'm in this mood)!!!" So out she goes, into the snowy chill for the rest of the night! Bitchlet!!!!!!!!!! That's the last Kitty hot water bottle I make!

4 comments:

Olde Baggs n Stuft Shirts by LindaOma said...

Oh that is too funny. Your kitty is a bad un. I tell you cats have no respect for a good warm tummy event.
Merry, Merry, Linda in New Mexico

Kaerie Faerie said...

Happy Holidays
can't imagine a kitty wanting to go out into the snow and giving up a warm bed, my kitties tunnel under blankets in 50 degrees LOL
Karey
Florida

Yve said...

She was feral before I got her pretty much, so I think all though she likes being a house cat - sometimes her wild wanton past catches up with her! merry Xmass Linda and Karey :o)

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

That's why we love cats..you never know what they will do next.

An inspired title for this post, too. Definitely made me want to look.