Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New dolls on the way, eventually!

Just to arrest any thoughts that I rarely make dolls these days (sadly true, life and design work keep taking precedence) here are some pics of my latest effort. She is another Xmas StrAngel, this time a Christmas Tree decoration destined for one of my fellow ADO doll makers as part of the festive Ornament Swap. Sssshhh, not allowed to say who it's for, but she will be wrapped and on her way tomorrow... just hope the recipient likes her! :o)

Photobucket



And, poor Belladonna STILL hasn't made it into the shop, because I decided to make her a "Travel Coffin"... those long fine feathers on her hat need protection so she will be getting an acetate hat tube and loads of bubble wrap before I take her to the Post Office to get some shipping quotes! The coffin is quite sturdy, a couple of paper maché layers over foam board, but, because of the appalling weather we have been having, I haven't been able to give this as many layers of paint and lacquer that I would have liked.... still, surely it's the doll someone will want to buy?

Photobucket


12 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

Oh Yve she is amazing...Whoever gets your ornie will be beyond speech with delight. And belladonna...Oh she is FABULOUS..her coffin is amazing...

xoxo

Deborah said...

Wonderful!!! LoVe the little Strangel and Belladonna. Beautiful beautiful works of art. **blows kisses** Deborah

Georgina said...

These are fabulous....I love them both!

Kaerie Faerie said...

I love the ornie, so cute, hope it is me, still waiting for my ornie surprise
I hope you are making a few more they are so cute
Karey

Abi said...

I love your ornie - she is fantastic! someone is going to be a very happy bunny. The coffin is fab too - she is sure to sell.

Sophia said...

Wow...you never cease to amaze me with your incredible ideas/talent. I love the ornament!

Happy Tuesday! :)

Yve said...

ooooh, thank you all so much for your kind comments, I was a little bit worried about the StrAngel, tell the truth! These little polymer dollies sold well when I did craft fairs but I don't think I've sold a one since I had my etsy shop... I guess they are better when you can pick them up and inspect them.

Bella's Coffin is really well padded, jolly comfy, she loves it in there :o)

FairiesNest said...

Oh they're both wonderful! I'm so impressed with the coffin too!

Ban said...

Impressive dolls - both of them ! Thanks for giving us a peek :D

*°º¤♥-=|F®äñ|=-♥*°º¤ said...

ADORABLE BLOG...CONGRATS! =D

Daph said...

WOW


Belladona is a beauty!! I adore the coffin awesome touch:)

Stella Whittingham said...

OMG, She is gorgeous!
Do you sell patterns?????