Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cried buckets

I just watched "the Duchess" with Keira Knightly (well she was in it, not with me eating maltesers!) and cried buckets... kind of annoying as the film sort of skims the surface of a particularly interesting period of time and a character who was right in the thick of it. It's absolutely beautiful though and Keira Knightley and Raeph Fiennes are both excellent, but you will definitely need a box of hankies!

Photobucket


On the subject of the Fiennes brothers, what on earth has happened to Joseph? He was soooo gorgeous in Shakespeare in Love, etc... but seems to have had a total charisma bypass in the tedious "Flashforward"... I'm beginning to despair of that show, I gave up on any plot logic in week 2 and was just hanging in there for the eye-candy... then my fave guy threw himself off a roof and Joseph is a total wet blanket... thank the lord for Jack Davenport! Shallow, moi? :o)

8 comments:

Sophia said...

I have not seen this movie, yet. I've been wanting to, though. I should rent it this weekend. Thanks for sharing your review.

Yve said...

Not much of a review! It's definitely worth a look, if just for the clothes :o)

Ban said...

We're DVRing flashforward so I've only seen the first 3 episodes - not sure what I think yet ... but yeah, I can so see the potential to drag.

Yve said...

Ok, I won't say anymore on Flashforward, wouldn't want to spoil it, it just isn't my cup of tea :o)

Sonia ;) said...

HMMMMM...Love the period type movies...will check into.

Smiles

Abi said...

Love that dress (wouldn't want to wear it mind!) It's a movie I want to see, but I don't want to cry - and it's sure to have that effect on me!!

Yve said...

Best not watch it then... it would make a statue cry... although I love the clothes from that era, I wouldn't want to be a woman back then. Women were just pawns or possessions and woe betide you if you wound up giving birth to another female instead of a boy!

I think the fact that she was such an intelligent, creative woman makes it all the more tragic, and the fact that her husband wasn't evil, just a product of his upbringing and the times.

Nishant said...

I should rent it this weekend. Thanks for sharing your review.

Work From Home