Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here's my Lishe!

OK, you talked me into it! Tee hee :o) Here is Lishe in her box, you can buy them all made up with eyes wigs and costume if you are V V V RICH!!!! Naturally, I bought a blank gal who came nude with a pair of eyes, very nice blue ones as it happens - I was lucky, it's random what you get. I have added the knickers and sprayed her with Mr Super Clear UV cut, as resin darkens with prolonged exposure to sunlight. I intend to keep her behind glass once she's finished, but for now she just sleeps in her box, safe in her pillows. And given her a preliminary lip colour, the make up is sort of layered on with a spray of Mr Super Clear in between layers. I use chalk pastels and acrylic paints.

But there are 2 heads, I hear you say? That's how I got started, I saw a Lishe second/third hand head on ebay and bought it cheap over christmas. It had on hideous make-up which I researched how to remove and then made a few attempts at doing her make-up in a style I liked. That was it, I had the bug, and had soon bought 2 smaller MSD dolls  (Lishe is SD, around 60cm tall, MSDs are about 43cm) but decided that I preferred the larger dolls as I want to make my own clothes for them and the MSD size is too fiddly!

Photobucket


Photobucket


I will sell the older head once Lishe (to be named Delphine, she's going to be Marie-Antoinette style) is finished. I just fell in love with the face sculpt but look at those hands, they are so delicate. They cost a lot of money but I guess it's not so much more than an Art Doll and resin is expensive material. Even though they are made from moulds, each one is hand poured and finished as orders come in so it's a pretty labour intensive business, plus, of course, somone had to make the beautiful, beautiful original sculpt. I love her anyway and can't wait to get making the clothes, I already have a wig!

11 comments:

Caro-chan said...

She'll be great once she's finished and all Marie Antoinett'd out! Lishe is such a pretty sculpt.

I do faceups as well, I actually have a couple blank heads sitting in a box under my desk waiting for me to get off my butt and do them.

Yve said...

I love doing the face-ups! Best bit... worst bit? I'm running out of MSC, so have to search far and wide to get some more :o)

Do you have pics on your blog, I'm coming to investigate :o)

Caro-chan said...

Of my dolls? No I don't, it's mostly a clothes blog XD I do have some on my DoA account, I commented on your post about DoA, my username there is Pantogogue.

Best bit is how satisfying it is to see it done, worst eyebrows! They drive me crazy XD

Sue said...

This is something I've been playing with (in my mind). One of these days!

In the meantime, please post progression pics as you work on her!

Hugs!

Sonia ;) said...

Yve...thats cool...Hey a highlighted ya on my blog post on Saturday....

smiles

Abi said...

Thanks for showing! I don't think I would have the courage to mess - what happens if I screw up?! Where do you buy the little chicks from? keep her behind glass? that sounds sad :O( maybe she won't mind a bit of a dust down every now and again?! My Grandma keeps all her dolls behind glass, and it makes me sad for some strange reason. Ok, so I sound odd, I know!

Abi said...

Ok, well, I see why the glass - they are expensive eh!

Yve said...

No seriously Abi, it isn't sad, you should see the cabinet she's going to live in!!! It's so cool, I bought it on ebay and I'm shabby-chic-ing it right now... that's why I want your heart to hang from the key :o)

Will post pics when it's finished

Abi said...

Ok, I will let you off! :O) can't wait to see progress of both! :O)

Don said...

The detail on those dolls is amazing. I entered this post not knowing what a faceup or MSC is. Now I know. Thanks!

Ban said...

I'm saving up to get a Lishe - she will be my first doll! I just love her face. I've seen a few enthusiasts on Deviant but I'm new so I don't know where else to find others who have this interest. Was told to join DoA but they're not accepting membership right now ... ? Anyway, best of luck with your Lishe - and if you have any tips, I'd appreciate it ;)