Saturday, September 5, 2009

Odelia rides again!

Having a bad back and being unable to work has meant I've been lounging around and could spend a bit of time messing with my neglected dollies. Just last week my poor Doll in Mind Odelia was up for sale on Ebay, I mentioned it here. Because she didn't sell I decided to give her a fresh face-up, initially thinking I would re-photograph her and then put her back up for sale. Despite being my only NEW and undamaged BJD, I just couldn't bond with her somehow.

Until I finished the her make-over that is! She originally came without a face-up, mid-brown glass eyes and a strawberry blond wavy wig with a heavy fringe. I was her second owner but she had only just been delivered and never taken out of her box. Even with my original face-up (my first attempt on a BJD! Eeek!!!) the wig and eyes did nothing for her. I changed the eyes to these acrylic "real" eyes and her face lit up, but I guess I was just too cautious with the make-up, didn't add enough depth of colour, because my second attempt has really brought her to life. I couldn't part with her now!

This beautiful outfit is by Arcadia and the only one I have ever bought for my dolls. I want to try and make pretty much everything else, which is why they are all sat here pretty much nude right now, never any time for hobbies!!!

Photobucket


5 comments:

Alison said...

Amazing job on her face up! She looks gorgeous. I couldn't part with her either! ;) Beautiful! (I think I need one, too!)

Georgina said...

She's absolutely gorgeous...wonderful work!

Yve said...

Thank you, she's basking in the limelight after so long as a reject. Funny how things work out... or am I just fickle??? :o)

Abi said...

She looks amazing to me! Is this what you do with these dolls? buy them unfinished, then add character?

Fabby Dolls said...

She is beautiful. I have the same question as Abi - you buy them unfinished and then finish?