Sunday, September 27, 2009

Come for tea and cakes with me!

I just borrowed this lovely picture from beth retro so we could all sit down and take a minute to have a lovely cup of tea and a cake. While I was putting together my nominees for the blog award it dawned on me just how bad I am at keeping up with everyone's blogs. You all come on here and leave me fun comments and yet I am always in such a rush, even if I do come and check out your blogs I rarely have time to make a comment back.

So the tea and cakes are just to say thanks and hope that you know I do appreciate you all :o)

Photobucket

8 comments:

Abi said...

Mmmm, nice cuppa char :O)
Cheers!

Abi said...

Do you think American's know what char is? tee hee. A girl at work asked me what a 'telly' was - she thought it was the telephone! LOL -I can see the connection! ha ha she made me giggle all day!

Zan Asha said...

Abi, I doubt most Americans know what char is. I certainly don't--and a telly I most definitely don't because I thought it was a phone, too! Ahhh well.

That picture is just ravishing and sunny! Love the yellows!

Yve said...

Abi-Has anyone stunned you with the term "fanny-pack" yet? I almost bit my tongue off the first time an American said that in mixed company!!!

You can't beat a good cuppa char while watching the telly in yer jim-jams, I'm sure you'll all agree :o)

Fabby Dolls said...

Yve, I was just having a cup of tea while reading your blog - though my cup is not nearly as nice as yours! I'd like to ask Abi if "char" is tea mixed with wine?? :0)

Yve said...

NNOOOOO, never mix tea with wine, well - not in the same cup anyway! I've had whisky in my tea once or twice though :o)

Abi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abi said...

LOL - ok, so I like a nice glass of red and tea, but never mixed it! LOL. and Yes Yve - my Mother-in-law said to me when I first met her 'watch where you put your fanny' (I was about to sit on a low wall covered in bird splats!) I nearly died when she said that - then Jesse realized by the look on my face, and explained to all that the word wasn't so well used in England, and meant something a tad different!! I find it such an offensive word!!LOL