Thursday, August 27, 2009

No more Music :o(

A while back I was having trouble with this blog taking ages to load so I took off various gadgets and my homemade template. One of the gadgets that took early retirement was the Playlist jukebox, today I was slogging my way through some freelance work when I realised that I wasn't listening to music and haven't really since I got rid of the playlist. I loved the Jukebox feature,  so on goes iTunes and I decided to re-install the Playlist.

SHOCK HORROR - Playlist is facing a massive lawsuit and is pretty much no more in the UK- I didn't even know! What has really annoyed me is that I would never have used Playlist at all in the first place if they hadn't made it sound like they were legally allowed to host and distribute the music they had on offer. I don't like people stealing my art and don't want to take part in stealing the royalties from musicians either. Call me naive but I thought Playlist was all above board and now I am really annoyed that I was duped into putting it on my blog...

I feel DIRRRRRRRTTTTTTYYYYY :o(

4 comments:

Illustrated Ink said...

Seriously? I thought they were legal and legit too! I have them on my blog, and I guess so do many others! Yikes!

Yve said...

I know!!!

Abi said...

Playlist as in playlist.com, who I have on my blog? you mean they stole all the tunes?

Yve said...

It's sort of complicated, there's a feature on Reuters about them. They just give us access to lots of people who probably don't have permission to use the tunes, so they reckon they aren't doing anything wrong, you know, it's just us and the people who they enable us get the music from who are guilty! That's how it seems to me anyway, see what you think:

Record companies sue Project Playlist on copyright

Because of this action Playlist currently is suspended outside the US at least. Wierd you can still get in America.