Friday, August 28, 2009

New work SOON, promise!

I so envy Etsy sellers who constantly get to put new work in their shop! Although I love my day job (more often a night job to be honest!) and wouldn't swap it for the world I sometimes yearn (briefly, I'm not really a "routine" kind gal) for a 9 to 5 with weekends and holidays. Instead I work whenever and as often as possible because as a freelancer you never know when a dry spell could strike.

That means that Freaky Little Things often has to take a back seat for a few weeks or even months depending on my work load. Sometimes I find it really hard to get back into hastily abandoned projects and I currently have a wardrobe full of half-made doll projects and wonder if I will ever return to finish them. I a, still facing a total block with drawing and painting but have dug out some older half finished paintings that just need reworking before they get scanned into the Mac for a photoshop make-over. That's the plan anyway.

Harrumph!!!!!!! Just finished another day of design work and feel too pooped to start anything now, plus it's Friday night, shouldn't I have a social life or something? I'm going to a wedding reception tomorrow night so must practice talking and walking... oh, and find something to wear... cue anxiety <:o br="br">
How do the rest of you cope with that stop-start approach to projects or are you usually lucky enough to work something through to the finish without interruptions, I'm curious to know?

5 comments:

FairiesNest said...

I always have 10 things going at once and Lots of interruptions! But that's life and at least it keeps things from getting boring. :) Congrats on the commission too!

Static White said...

You & me both! You'd think I would have all the time in the world but nooooo.
Congrats on the Alchemy!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

I can SO relate to this! Also, I will do commission pieces, but they don't go in my shop, so it looks like I have been doing nothing at all! Ugh!

Yve said...

Glad we are all the same, I feel like everyone thinks I'm lazing around (that would be soooooo wonderful - just for a day or 2!), I hate the fact that I have so few prints to choose from in my shop, it's been open just over a year now!

Abi said...

I never start to stop :O)
Did you have a good time at the wedding reception?