Saturday, July 18, 2009

More of the Bollywood Mermaid

Here are some more shots of her. I used synthetic hair exstentions intended for human hairdressing, which are really shiny and have an auburn flash at the ends. Makes a nice change from using crazy knitting yarns. Here's a better shot of the henna tattoos. One thing I forgot to mention is the fact that her tail is in seperate sections under the lycra "skirt", so she can "swim" quite realistically and be posed with her tail straight or sat with it bent at the "knees" like in these pics.

I also wanted to mention that if you are anywhere near North Wales tomorrow, I will be at the Craft Weekend at Abakhan's in Llanerch-y-mor. I am going to do 5 "Introduction to Art Dolls" workshops over the Autumn Winter season there and it would be great to see you! :o)




12 comments:

Georgina said...

She's gorgous...love the henna designs.

Abi said...

Wow! the detail is fab - lovin her hair and henna design.

Susan Shaw said...

These are all wonderful and they express the elements so well.

Mealy Monster Land said...

her hair is so cool, love all the detail

Linda said...

Wonderful idea, love her hair. Lindax

Zan Asha said...

Wow, she's turned out spectacular! I love the little details, too, especially the hennaed hands!

Yve said...

I did the henna tatts with that Gutta stuff that you use for silk painting so that they are raised like the real thing when they are first applied.

dubuhdudesigns said...

p.s. the henna tattoos are fantastic:)

jasmoon-butterfly said...

I like :) She is lovely

Sarah said...

Wow she looks fantastic finished! I love her hair, tattoos and nails. Stunning!

Caroline said...

You did an amazing job on her!

Las Noches said...

This is so weird! I was so sure that I make a comment on yor ado doll weeks ago, I remember your mermiad doll and her tattoo henna designs, but my name is not here or anywere! Oh My.......well I just want to say that your mermaid is beautiful!!