Sunday, July 19, 2009

Here's my Lord Byron...

Weird how your mind plays tricks... I was just talking to my Mum about a film I saw as a kid (I was around 11 or 12 years old) that starred this incredibly handsome guy as Lord George Byron, and set off my feverish pursuit of the Romantic Poets. Tall dark and handsome in a frilly shirt... he made a huge impression on my young mind!!! We couldn't remember the name of the film (I later checked the actor's profile on on IMDB: Lady Caroline Lamb as it turns out, not a great film by all accounts) but did recall the actor's name: Jon Finch. There isn't much about him on the internet, but I thought I'd share this photo of him looking suitably dashing in a different frilly shirt (not from the same film, so most probably not the same shirt), the guy was made for them!

He's definitely the heart stoppingly handsome one in the foreground by the way. The cat in the hat (Graham Crowden?) is probably a very nice man but not my cup of tea, and I doubt he's anyone's idea of a Romantic Poet/Love God, bless him?

The odd part is that Jon Finch didn't even play Lord Byron, that part went to Richard Chamberlain, who didn't even register a blip on my budding teenage hormones! Mr Finch, though, wow...


5 comments:

Abi said...

Tee hee, this post amuzed me! and I agree, a rather dashing man! You have good taste in men! :O)

Yve said...

No, I have good taste in men's looks, it's finding nice personalities to go with them that usually lets me down, tee hee :o)

Agnieszka said...

Hey, I know Jon Finch! He's considerably older now but he still looks very tempting! ;) He lives in Hastings, East Sussex. If you're ever there, you can pop in to the King's Head pub in the old town and ask for Finchy, as he likes to be called ;)

Yve said...

Crickey, booking my rail fare as I type!

Yve said...

I would also like to amend my previous comment! Should any of my exes ever read this blog (I'm sure you have better things to do!) that yes, I do have good taste in men and looks, wit, decency and intelligence often do go hand in hand in the male of the species... I guess it's just after spending some time with me that they become gibbering wrecks! ;o*