Sunday, July 19, 2009

Apparently I'm Marianne Dashwood...huh?

I finally had a chance to check out all the 4 Elements participants blog (well, I'm almost at the end of the list, just a few to go) and have tried to leave a comment on every one. I am truly stunned by the wealth of inspiration and talent involved and am now following blogs in many languages! Seriously, if you haven't done so yet, get a cup of tea or a glass of wine and go do the rounds, it's worth it :o)

Along the way I have also discovered which Jane Austen heroine I am most like, as you do (Thanks Abi). Marianne Dashwood apparently... "You are Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are impulsive, romantic, impatient, and perhaps a bit too brutally honest (OK, I have been told that more than once!). You enjoy romantic poetry and novels, and play the pianoforte beautifully. To boot, your singing voice is captivating. You feel deeply, and love passionately."

Too true, especially about my singing voice, I am after all descended from the formidable Victorian operatic soprano, Sarah Edith Wynne, the Nightingale of Wales, as she was known. My vocal renderings are so powerfully infectious that dogs for miles around often begin to howl in chorus. Birds fly up from the trees as if to say 'we cannot compete'... or perhaps they are just trying to get away from the racket? Not sure.... I definitely love the idea of the Romantic Poets, more than their poetry in fact, that's Byron in a big white frilly shirt looking all brooding and windswept, right?

Sarah Edith Wynne (Eos Cymru)


No comments: