Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ado 4 Elements BLOG EVENT - Finished Dragon

Here is Idris, he was quite badly behaved during the photoshoot so I just went with this one pose. Maybe it was a bit optimistic making a four legged creature be so flexible. The hidden button joints on his legs are quite free moving, I had him in this great "rampant" heraldic pose but as soon as the camera was ready he slowly sat down!

He is very fiery, which comes mainly from the metallic fabrics used, they cast a reddish glow on everything near him. You may notice that he has much larger feet at the front... well, I used a wonderful pattern as a basis for the face ( Melinda's dragon pattern at http://www.smallwork.com/dragon.html ) and realised that the way she was approaching the feet was a lot simpler than the pattern I made. I was planing on making each toe separately! So I used the back legs from this pattern too. It was a bit of a mistake, to be honest, as he has a much longer, heavier body to carry and so later I adapted the front feet to spread the load better. He is staying with me as a mascot, so later on I will make new back legs for him with the bigger feet. here he is though, and Ramani the Mermaid will be posted later.





Be sure to check out all the other fantastic ADO 4 Elements participants, you can find the list at the ADO Blog (in my links list)

9 comments:

littlebitwired said...

Great job! I love to hear people tell the tale of what worked and what didn't. Thanks for sharing!

pixiesinthehouse said...

Beautiful work!!!

Romona said...

Aren't dragons the best. I have several of them and of course, what else to represent fire but a dragon. Good job, Romona

Cody Goodin said...

What an awesome dragon. He fits the fire element very well.

Yve said...

Thank you all :o)

creativedawn said...

Gosh, the mermaid is awesome...beautiful water element and as for your beautiful dragon...he is breathtaking and a great source of fire!
hugz
Pam

Abi said...

How could I have missed this handsome chap?! he is excellent - so finely made!

goblinfruitstudio said...

Great interpretation of "Fire"!

Las Noches said...

I love dragons, this is cool!