Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tip of the day

This blog aims to be informative on all walks of life and in that spirit I would just like to share todays life experience with you all: Don't suddenly decide to re-shape your box hedges with a blunt pair of antique garden clippers whilst wearing your best dress and wedge heels... just don't... you may end up falling off the steps into a partly full wheelbarrow, like I did, and then lie there ruminating on what part the hot afternoon sun and wine consumption played in your current predicament.

Later, when the pain deadening effects of the wine wear off you have blunt-manual-hedge-clipper induced shaky arm syndrome and serious doubts about your topiary skills. That's all I'm saying.

5 comments:

Zan Asha said...

LOL! Heaven, Yve! I mean--err, you were speaking hypothetically, right?? :)

Yve said...

totally hypothetical!!!

FairiesNest said...

The sad thing is I can just picture myself doing exactly this! :)

Yve said...

I've evened up my wonky topiary now... my arms will never be the same though... why doesn't someone do a gardening fitness video? Especially with olde-worlde tools - ust think of all the muscles a scythe works!!!

Cynjon said...

Sound advice inded.