Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sad news

On the subject of vintage art collections, surely many of you must be familiar with Enchanted Mercantile? I have just belatedly learned that Petra Wilkinson (Ms. Delaise) owner of Enchanted Mercantile, passed away on October 25, 2008. Such sad news, it made me think how odd it is that we feel we know total strangers from the other side of the world and yet their lives can pass without us noticing because in reality we are just brief "virtual" aquaintances.

I bought just one CD from her a few years back, a collection of vintage Soap Wrappers, and it sits on the shelf next to my desk along with all my design reference books. It is a reminder of how elegant and innocent packaging used to be, and my brief dealings with Ms Delaise were pleasant and friendly, something I hope is not also consigned to a long gone world.

Condolences to any who knew Petra Wilkinson, so sorry for your loss

No comments: