Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Circles of Twitter Hell

I don't know if Dante Alligheri ever twittered, but having "deleted" my account after a frustrating first day, I just decide to give it another go and encountered a previously uncharted circle of hell. I am now stuck in that loop where I can't create a new account because they still have all my old account details (yup, delete seems to mean something different in Twitter land), so it's refusing BOTH my email addresses, and frankly I don't want to call it anything other than Freakylilthings (I hate the "lil" abbreviation but it will have to do). It won't let me because it says a twitter account already exists for that name and gives me a link to a page that says "this account does not exist".

So I told it I wanted to re-activate my account, but the email that they send you to reactivate it requires you to sign in, and it rejects my password! All attempts to get a new password just lead me round and round in this, "that account is already taken/that account does not exist" loop.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

PS: should you eventually see the follow me on Twitter badge reappear on this blog, approach with caution, it may contain swearing!

No comments: