Saturday, May 2, 2009

leafy surroundings

Looking at photos of a beautiful garden on another blog earlier made me think how our garden has totally transformed in the last 2/3 weeks. Not long ago the trees were bare with only snowdrops and the odd crocus for colour.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



My Grandad always said we should put the birdhouse on a slant so "The rain runs off"... so do the birds!


Photobucket


Photobucket



Thought I'd end on some cat pics, what's a garden without a Kitty? That's Stoofin laughing at one of my jokes and displaying his singular fang, and Tix-pickle looking regally red, don't know where Matilda was hiding. I'm working this weekend, so taking the odd break here and there, really don't feel like working when it's the weekend and the sun is out!

5 comments:

FairiesNest said...

Your garden is so lovely! And I completely agree that a good garden contains cats...mine has 3 at the moment but that's always subject to change with the next stray!

Yve said...

Thank you :o) Cats - yes, they multiply don't they!

jaz said...

your garden is beautiful!!!! what is this music? tom waits? i really like this song. i do need a wee house for the weathervane!!! joyce

Yve said...

To be fair the beauty is all my Mother's work, she will have been here for 50 years in August and she did most of the terracing and stonework with my Grandparents. They bought the house originally and we all lived here growing up like the anti-Waltons! There's a mini Pet Cemetary down on the bottom lawn which has several neighbours pet's in it too :o)

Illustrated Ink said...

R u kidding? Your garden is gorgeous! Can I come live in it with your kitty?