Monday, April 13, 2009

Dreaming of a Haunted Dollhouse

Sigh...oh to live in a country where you can buy Doll's houses like this! I've been hankering after a dollhouse to spook up for a few months now (probably because I no longer have my own place and no funds to move out anytime soon) and yet I can't find anything that looks even vaguely creepy...I found this PERFECT example on t'internet but you can only buy it in the States by the look of things. Well, it's already expensive and then there's the shipping AND the Custom Tax, the VAT and the Postal "Handling Charge" - it would probably be cheaper to buy a real house!

Anyone spooked up a doll house? Send me links to your pics and I'll feature them on the blog :o)


Photobucket

6 comments:

urban craft said...

i had a the haunted peoples (or weebles, can't remember) house by fisher price as a kid, but I too dream of a dollhouse Adams family style. I don't know if my little boy will be up for one though.

Diane said...

i would love to do something similar.

my dad built me a doll house from a kit when i was little and i loved it. i got to watch him wallpaper and paint it and all that.

i would be wonderful to have the space to have one. and i could totally see myself working on it for years.

maybe something to do when i get older...

Yve said...

Yeah, I'll probably finally afford one when I'm old enough to haunt it for real! :o)

witchknitter said...

Hello, I was reading your post about a haunted dollhouse and an idea to make it spooky would be fantastic! I live in the states and our Hobby Lobby store (this was several years ago) had a sale on dollhouses that they were no longer going to carry, so me, my sister and mom went there and got one. Still working on putting it together, LOL. We wanted it for Halloween and since that was going to take some time, we went to the toystore and got a Fisher Price plastic doll house, painted it up, decorated the inside and put Li'l Bratz dolls in there.

Yve said...

Oooohh, where can we see pics? :o)

witchknitter said...

I can send them to you if you like. I have a livejournal blog but am hardly (if ever) on there. Not much of a blogger yet. LOL. If you want to see them shoot me an email at coffmanlk@yahoo.com