Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look - Brooches... almost killed me!

Last winter when my leg was still really bad I just sat around like a big moany lump crocheting flowery things, ENDLESS flowery things. I didn't know what they were but they were kind of fun and went nicely with a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea...

I found a bag of them all forgotten in the bottom of the wardrobe (it's a mixture of creative Narnia and a craft wasteland where things go to die...only the strong survive) and last night made about 10 brooches with beads and trims. They are starting to appear in the shop right now, take a peek.

So, the photos aren't great are they? Well, there's a reason beside the usual overcast spring weather. I have to take pics under the big skylight window on the landing if I can't go outside, as this house is always quite dark and surrounded by tall old trees (and haunted by a little white dog according to my mother - there's a story - you see a little white dog in your garden and most people think "oooh, it's a little white dog" but not my mother who swears it's THE GHOST of a little white dog)...

Anyway, I digress: I was on the landing balancing on an old Lloyd Loom chair WITH my tripod/camera over the chest of drawers where I'd set up the brooches. All of a sudden the sun came out (instant panic being Welsh, one of those "race memory" freak-outs welling up from my DNA "What the hell is that big fiery globe?") and I must have shifted my weight and - boom - the wooden seat part of the chair just flipped and the whole thing fell over - pitching me, camera and tripod toward the top of the stairs. My instinct to save the camera meant I hit the floor (with one leg trapped down inside the chair seat) on the small of my back really quite hard and at an odd angle. Still - I didn't fall down the stairs = Result!!!

At the time I was a bit shaky, not really hurt though, happily, but decided that it was time to call it quits on the photography front which meant I have to use the photos from BEFORE the sun briefly broke through the clouds. As the day has worn on I've started to walk like one of Dr Frankenstien's lab assistants and have been playing hunt the bruise. The biggest one, accompanied by mega sized lump, is right where my knee injury was.. yep, literally 24 hours after I got signed off from the Physio!

I'm now dosed up with painkillers and feel a spot of chocolate therapy coming on, now where did I put that crochet hook?



Photobucket

2 comments:

Marjorie Dawson said...

The brooch looks lovely. I hope you don't have any more mishaps taking pictures. I have to take some of my stuff tomorrow - better take care then......

Yve said...

Walking like Igor's more normal sister today, thankfully! You be careful with that camera missy :o)