This pattern will give the doll fully jointed limbs and the head will sit separately on the neck rather than be all in one with the torso. The biggest challenge is the hands. I have tried to make hands with digits before but they have always torn or frayed at the seams when I have stuffed the fingers, not this time though thankfully. I've added a pipe cleaner armature inside so that the fingers can be posed. The elbows and shoulder joints will use buttons to allow them to swing.
The biggest departure from the pattern in the book is the torso. It was interesting to see how similar Patti's pattern is to the one I kind of cobbled together myself (adapting a fitted blouse pattern to give the bust and waist darts) but I found the PMC pattern to be too bulky for my taste. The finished girl will be wearing a corset so needs a very slim waist and a longer body generally, definitely longer, slimmer legs. I trimmed the seams and added darts in the back then did a bit of needle sculpting to give those exaggerated "corset" curves.
Keep the entries coming, it is really fun reading all your comments :o)