Sunday, January 25, 2009

Almost finished!

Wow, she's almost finished. I tried something new for the hair. It's called "Filz it" felting wool. I always have trouble finding bright scarlet wools with an interesting texture for my dolls, I sometimes use nylon weft, saran and mohair too. I hoped the Filz-it might look like dreads and backcombed hair and it has worked out really well.

Just got her boot tops and the painted corset to do now. I've decide her hair is too candy floss in texture to attach a hat or fascinator to, so she staying as is up top.

Don't forget, if you want to be entered into the draw to win this doll on Valentines Day, just leave a comment on the post for January 12th "Valentines:Sweet or Sour".


Photobucket


7 comments:

Gail Lackey said...

Ohhh awsome doll! Love the hair! thats very cool stuff!
Happy hauntings, Gail

Nat said...

She really has come together so well. You brought the sketch to a doll form and she is incredible. Love the colors.

Yve said...

Thanks so much, I think I've been a bit lucky because there are sometimes major redesigns along the way! She's got her boot tops and corset on now, I will put up some posed photos of her tomorrow, then pack her up ready for the lucky winner...who will it be???

Marjorie Dawson said...

Win or lose its been a thrill seeing her take shape, and a privilege to see the creative muse in action.

Good luck for 2009 and may you sell many of your terrific dolls.

Yve said...

Thanks, Marjorie and good luck for the rest of the year to you too, and the little moggie of course! :o)

Tara Fortin said...

:-) Its been really fun watching it happen! Now that she is almost complete I am even more blown away by you being able to part with it! I would have trouble... haha

inkdoll said...

So Amazing!