Thursday, November 20, 2008

to post international or not?

Firstly, my website had it's 100th visitor today! Yipee!!!

On a less happy note, I've had my first International non-delivery saga. Someone ordered some ACEO's from me in late September and I sent them out to the US on October the 1st. That same day I sent another package to the US which arrived a week later. I was eventually contacted in late October by the customer who hadn't had her package. I tried to trace it but only got as far as "We put it on a plane to the USA, it's untrackable now unless you are in the US". Great!

I sent the customer the tracking number but she couldn't find it's whereabouts either. So a week later I sent out a duplicate set of prints by a different postal method AIRSURE which is supposed to be trackable by me once it gets to the States too, the other parcel just needed a signature. Well, I've waited a few weeks and heard nothing then contacted the customer again (who, let's not forget PAID for those little prints back in late September), still no sign of either parcel.

Today, I get the original parcel back with a New York (it was going to Kentucky) post mark and a label that states that the recipient "Failed to collect". I figure Kentucky is probably a bit bigger than Wales and maybe her postal depot is a fair way off (My postal depot is 6 miles away if I have to pick up undelivered mail) and as far as I can tell they never contacted the woman to tell there was a parcel to pick up and sign for in the first place. Ggggrrrrrrrrr!

What am I supposed to do? The woman never got the last parcel either but I can see that it's in Kentucky when I track it. I can't just keep sending parcel after parcel if the mail people over there just don't bother to deliver...but this is making my business look bad. What would you do, any ideas?

No comments: