Wednesday, October 29, 2008

deepest mid-winter

What on earth is going on with the weather? I always joke about our soggy Welsh climate but yesterday I was woken at 5am by the loudest crash of thunder I've ever heard, actually thought I'd gone deaf until all the car alarms went off in the street. Then it started hailing, it was incredibly loud on the roof and by the time I got up it had been snowing a while and totally white outside.

All day there was this mad cycle of hail, thunder, snow, rain...snow melts, hail, thunder etc... Insane, basically, it's not even November yet. We always hope for snow (the nice fluffy Xmas card variety, not yesterdays "Oww, that hurt pelting down stuff) for Christmas but usually don't see any til January.

The really annoying part is how dark the last few days have been. I finished a doll on Mondau but can't get any decent pictures of her. She's a Pumpkin Patch dweller and has a creepy little pumpkin dolly, so it would have been good to actually get her in the shop before the "Big H" on Friday. Oh well!

No comments: