Thursday, September 18, 2008

V&A Wow!!!!

Just got a package from A**z*n, my book has arrived, yay! I ordered "Nineteenth-Century Fashion In detail" by Lucy Johnston, which is sooooooo beautiful it hurt my eyes. It features loads of period costumes from the Victoria & Albert Museum, one of my favourite haunts when I lived in London. The photos are so stunning and there are diagrams of the costumes, and details on how they were made. Hopefully this will all inspire my dolls to dress a bit more sassy!

I'm working on a Vampire at the moment, I know she needs a hat as there will be bats swirling around it, and I kind of saw her in Edwardian fashions. I tried out a new body construction to give her a nipped in waist and a bigger bust so that she would look as though she was wearing corsets. Will post pic soon!

No comments: