Monday, September 22, 2008

ACEO cards

Just finished shrinking some of my illustrations to fit onto ACEO cards. I have never done any of these before, even though I have collected a few over the last 2 years. A lot of my illustrations have lots of photoshop layers and textures which are lost when shrunk down, or simply won't fit into the format. I have found 2 images so far that fit and have been doing numerous printouts trying to find the best stock to print them on. My first instinct was to print them on Epson paper then spray mount that onto a backing card... but I wound up loving the subtle textured matt finish of some card stock I have. It's 220gsm and really mellows out the colours, which I like, for these 2 images anyhow.

Obviously there are now some sheets of "Rejects", which are actually perfectly fine but I want continuity if I do a numbered set of prints. I have decided to give the spares away as free gifts in my Etsy shop. There are 12, so the next 12 sales will get a free ACEO of this image below, though obviously without the Copyright splashed across the front. I will sign and date then across the back and number them 1-12 of 12, which will differentiate them from the 1/40 that will be for sale in the shop.

Hhhhmmm, what if someone BUYS that ACEO, they will hardly want a duplicate? Well, I will give them the second image free instead, also signed, etc. Not as complicated as it sounds! :o)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: