Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Daisy photos...

Just found some more photos of my long lost Dasiy Dolls - I so wish I hadn't sold them now, but I was desperately broke at the time - needs must and all that. Just a bit annoying that I don't have any pictures of my rarest doll. She was a beautiful auburn haired doll, not so many of those were made, with a really rare smaller than usual head. Something to do with the original moulds being lost or unavailable and so a batch of dolls were made, just for a very short time, and the new mould was taken from an existing doll head, hence, slightly smaller than normal. She was in perfect condition but I probably thought she was worth too much to take out on this hike.

I think I love these pics so much because we are having such a damp squib of a summer, and it was so hot the year I took these (2003). I went to the beach pictured the other day, went for a walk in the drizzle. It was actually really warm for a change, even the breeze coming in off the Irish Sea, I had the beach to myself, well apart form a few seagulls. Normally, this time of year the beaches are swarming with tourists. Still, as my old Ma always says, what's bad for the sunbather is good for the garden... I think she's regretting that this summer as it's like a jungle out there and growing faster than she can weed!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: