Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Baldies

Things seem to be coming along really slowly at the moment. I have been taking a scattershot approach, working on lots of things simultaneously, everything is progressing but nothing is finished. Since things have quietened down on the freelance front I have also been catching up with friends, one of the best things about working from home is deciding to take the day off (tomorrow, for instance) and go into town for lunch and gossip. Too much work makes Jack a dull boy... no idea who he was but, it's true all the same.

Here is the next fairy nearing completion, she just needs her hair. Until recently I have always used lots of funky wools to make the hair, mohair gave my goth dolls a great mad backcombed look for instance. Earlier this year I bought a whole mixed bag of synthetic hair and really like the way it makes the dolls look. I don't want to get too reliant on it as it is more expensive than the wool. For this little fairy, I am hoping to do a mixture of synthetic strands and a wool that has satin ribbon twisted through it.

The other doll looks a bit Ronald McDonald at the moment, but it's early days. I've used this maroon curly wurly stuff on the polymer clay dolls before, to great effect (see the doll on the blog logo, for instance). I am hoping to get a Daisy Doll look (Mary Quant fashion doll from the '70's, my favourite, so funky in comparison with Barbie!) but only time will tell. I have been known to finish the hair on a doll then strip it all off and start again. So watch this space I guess.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: